1. The name and contact details of the data controller and of the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Herfurth & Partner Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft GmbH
Luisenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telefon: +49 (0)511 – 30756-0
Fax: +49 (0)511 – 30756-10
The operational data protection officer of Herfurth & Partner Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft GmbH can be reached via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.herfurth.de, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
– IP address of the requesting computer,
– Date and time of access,
– Name and URL of the retrieved file,
– Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
– the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned will be processed by us for the following purposes:
– Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
– To ensure a comfortable use of our website,
– Evaluation of system safety and stability as well as
– for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for the collection of data. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you have expressly consented in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, it is enough to provide an e-mail address. You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your unsubscribe request to email@example.com by e-mail at any time.
c) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the possibility to contact us via a form provided on the website. We require a valid e-mail address so that we know who sent the request and can answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR based on your voluntary consent. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after you have completed your request.
3. Data transfer
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
– you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR,
– the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
– if there is a legal obligation to pass on data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
– this is legally permissible and required for the execution of contractual relationships with you pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR.
5. Analysis tools
(a) Tracking Tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed in line with requirements and continuously optimised. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures in order to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for you for the purpose of optimising our offer. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc., for the purpose of tailoring our pages to meet your needs and continuously optimising them. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as:
- Browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. This information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage for market research purposes and to tailor these internet pages to meet requirements. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of third parties. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymised so that an allocation is not possible (IP masking).
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google Conversion Tracking to record the use of our website statistically and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our website for you. Google Adwords places a cookie (see number 4) on your computer if you have reached our website via a Google advertisement. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages on the AdWords customer’s website and the cookie has not expired, Google and the customer will be able to tell that the user clicked on the ad and was directed to that page. Data protection authorities require Google Analytics to enter into a contract data processing agreement in order to use Google Analytics as permitted. A corresponding template will be offered by Google at www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.pdf .
Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers will know the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were directed to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users.
We use the open source software Matomo for the analysis and statistical evaluation of the use of the website. Cookies are used for this purpose (see section 4). The information generated by the cookie about website usage is transferred to our servers and summarised in pseudonymous usage profiles. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website and to enable our website to be designed according to requirements. The information will not be passed on to third parties. Under no circumstances will the IP address be associated with other data relating to the user. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking). Your visit to this website is currently recorded by Matomo Web Analysis. Click here (https://matamo.org/docs/privacy/) so that your visit is no longer recorded.
6. Social media plug-ins
We use social plug-ins of the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on our website based on Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR in order to make our law firm better known. The advertising purpose behind this is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. The responsibility for the data protection-compliant operation is to be guaranteed by their respective providers. The integration of these plug-ins by us takes place by means of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way.
Social media plugins from Facebook are used on our website to make their use more personal. For this we use the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button. This is an offer from Facebook. If you call up a page on our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection with the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted directly from Facebook to your browser, which integrates it into the website. By integrating the plugins, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not currently logged on to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there. If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can assign your visit to our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by pressing the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information is also published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends. Facebook may use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and tailoring Facebook Pages to your needs. To this end, Facebook creates usage, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website and to provide other services associated with the use of Facebook. If you do not want Facebook to associate the information collected through our website with your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website. The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as your related rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in Facebook’s data protection information (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
Our website also uses social plugins (“Plugins”) from Instagram, operated by Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (“Instagram”). The plugins are marked with an Instagram logo, for example in the form of an “Instagram camera”. When you visit a page on our website that contains such a plugin, your browser connects directly to Instagram’s servers. Instagram sends the content of the plugin directly to your browser and integrates it into the page. This integration tells Instagram that your browser has accessed the appropriate page on our site, even if you do not have an Instagram profile or are not logged into Instagram.
7. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data, unless it has been collected from us, as well as the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR if the correctness of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection against the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible person;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. The consequence of this is that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or place of work or our office.
8. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for doing so which arise from your situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without stating a situation. If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
10. Topicality and change of this data security explanation
Due to the further development of our website and offers on it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may be necessary to amend this data protection declaration. The current data protection declaration can be viewed at any time on the website under https://www.herfurth.de/impressum.